Sunday 15 January 2012

Snorkelling at the Caves and lunch at Pirates Bight

We began our day with a snorkel at "the Caves".  This spot is written up in all the guide books as the place to go.  Although, we think we found better in the BVI on our last trip here four years ago. But we will keep that spot a secret! At 8am, the Caves bay is already full of commercial yachts loaded with snorkellers.  We tie our dinghy up at the dinghy dock, and jump in.  I barely feel the temperature difference of the water.  We managed to get a few shots of some of the cool things we saw.


Iridescent blue fish (Uncle Brian/Nigel, any better description?)

Orange Anemones (Again, further assistance)

Sand diver

Foureye Butterflyfish

Squirrelfish

Cool shell/slug thingies on Common Sea Fan


We then spent the morning doing chores, but rewarded ourselves with a light lunch at the Pirates Bight.  When we came to the Caribbean last time, Gary and I acquired a taste for Mango Smoothies.  We couldn't get enough of them.  Today we had our first Mango Smoothie of the trip.  It was everything we hoped it would be.


Gary looking grumpy...but her really wasn't

Bliss...


I have attempted to make Jambalaya for dinner.  I don't have high hopes.  I searched the internet for the best recipe I could find.  They all called for Creole seasoning.  When I asked one of the Supermarket ladies where I would find said seasoning they just stared at me blankly.  When I told them I was trying to make Jambalaya, they just laughed.  I'm still not quite sure why.  Lacking most of the ingredients, perhaps it should just be called a Jamb or a Balaya... Gary is serving us so must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment