Friday 22 June 2012

Domestic Goddess in Bequia

While in Bequia I have been a Domestic Goddess, to the heights that even my friend Anneke would be proud.

I have discovered a little shop called Doris' that stocks all the hard to find things such as pine nuts.  I have also been frequenting the market here, following the guidebooks advice and going in the afternoon once the Rasta vendors have had a chance to "mellow out".  

So far I have made my own pesto, mayonnaise and mango chutney.  I have been cooking up the Tuna Gary caught with spices, garlic butter or accompanied with the mango chutney and a slice of my homemade Focaccia bread - YUM. 

Tonight we are off to our Texas cruiser friend's boat for a lesson on dominos then out for pizza.  We hear that dominos is the game of choice for cruisers during hurricane season at Grenada, so we thought we would get a head start!

No comments:

Post a Comment